Saturday 13 January 2018

Anthony Joshua

I’ve spoken a lot about my mental health experiences and issues and I’ve also spoken about my mental health peer support group that I hope to launch so I thought I would revisit a blog post series about celebrities and sports stars so in this blog post I will talk about my favourite boxer Anthony Joshua.

I first came to know of Anthony Joshua during the London 2012 Olympics I use to watch the odd boxing fight when I was younger but wasn’t a big fan,I was impressed with Anthony Joshua skills and personality and was so happy watching him in the Olympics and I started to follow Anthonys career.I watched his first professional boxing fight on sky Sports and use to follow Anthony’s Pro career closely, but when Anthony fights got moved to pay per view I use to follow his fights on the radio. But when I started to get some money in I use to watch the his fights on sky box office . But when I was on the mental health ward suffering from depression I had a borrow another patients radio to listen to Anthony vs  Dominic Breazeale fight, and when he fought Eric Molina I saved some money to watch it on sky box office and really enjoyed the fight and was so excited when Wladimir Klitschko was invited into the ring to announce a mega fight at Wembley Stadium.

I know I had to attend Klitschko fight so I looked at all means of getting a ticket to this fight and I was so delighted when I got two tickets to the fight and i took my dad which was also his first boxing fight, I had never been to a boxing fight before and was so happy this was going to be my first. And I really had such a great time the atmosphere was electric and the fight was incredible I left Wembley delighted with my first fight.During the fight I was walking round the stands at Wembley when I saw a stall selling official signed Anthony Joshua gloves but my dad wasn’t keen on me spending that much money on it but then i saw a leaflet for an evening with Anthony Joshua where you could have a chance to meet him and have your picture with him so I didn’t spend a much at the fight except for a drink and a programme and I save my money to attend the event and I had a fantastic time Anthony was so friendly and nice and th picture is on proud display on my bedroom wall.

I then followed Anthony’s new closely for news on Anthony’s next fight and I went to the Carlos Takam fight with my two best friends and enjoyed going to the fight and enjoyed travelling down to Cardiff with Ben and his dad and enjoyed the weekend trip,I always follow and like Anthony’s social media and follow it closely. I type Anthony Joshua into google regularly for his next fight news and about him in general and I’ve already planned to travel to his next fight against Joseph Parker and hope to get a ticket.

I really would to thank Anthony Joshua for getting me into boxing and I think he is a true and amazing champion and I credit to boxing and the uk, he has a great personality and when he was up for bbc sports personality of the year I voted for him 5 times. I really enjoy attending his fights I’ve had a good time with my dad and then with my best friends, i would be so greatful for Anthony to read this blog.

You can follow my social media adventures on social media on instagram at jakehumphries14 and on Twitter @jakehumphries1 thank you reading this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment