Wednesday 17 January 2018

Volunteering

I have spoken briefly about volunteering in pervious blog posts so in this blog I’m going to talk about  my experiences of volunteering and how it has helped me mentally.

After leaving the mental health ward I was at a lose on what to do with my time and when I first meet my mental health nurse she recommended I do some volunteering work so I first a good friend of mine found me a volunteering job in frinton working in a charity shop but I only lasted a month I wasn’t challenged mentaly and I was stuck doing boring jobs also they wasn’t impressed when I took a day off to buy tickets to the Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko fight so but during that time my mental health nurse found me a place to apply at and that place was Community Voluntary Services Tendring.but when I got to the vole at CVST I chose to leave because the days clashed.

I had my interview to volunteer there I was so nervous when I went for the interview I had struggled in so many interviews in the past and I was worried I wouldn’t get it , but I was delighted when I got the letter saying I had got in, my first day I was so nervous but I meet Jeanette and she was so nice and friendly. I then had my induction and training course which I enjoyed and started off as a receptionist two days a week.

In January my new line manager Bonnie and I was nevors when I first meet her but she was so nice and friendly and recently during my 2nd battle with depression she was so nice and friendly and has Been so understanding has helped me so much with my depression. My boss Nicola has been so nice and has put so much trust in me.when the IT session was short and they trusted me to teach the IT session and I really enjoy teaching the IT I enjoy teaching the elderly how to use my social media and using their phones ,tablets and computers and I enjoy working with Nick and Howard.

I get on so well with the ladies in the office Gaye, Karren and sam they are so nice and friendly and kind, I also get on so well with the CEO Sharron and the deputy CEO Lisa I enjoy talking football with Sharron and we both like the stand up comedian John Bishop. I recently put a proposal and they have been so supportive about this idea.

I do enjoy volunteering so much I have really came out of my shall since I started to volunteer at CVST and the staff there nice and friendly and I really enjoy being there they have all been so understanding about my mental health issues and have supported me. You follow can follow my adventures on social media on instagram at jakehumphries14 and on Twitter at jakehumphries1 thank you so much for reading this blog


No comments:

Post a Comment