Friday 28 October 2016

My love for Doctor Who

As I've said in a previous blog post I am a huge Doctor Who fan so in this post I thought I'll talk more about my love for the show, So my love for the show begin when the show was reborn in 2005 under Russell T Davies with Christopher Eccleston as the 9th Doctor and Billie piper as the companion I didn't get into the show straight away I got more into the series towards the end of series one and didn't understand  regeneration when Eccleston left the show and David Tennant become the 10th Doctor.

My love for Doctor Who really started in series two with David Tennant as the Doctor my favourite episode in that series was Doomsday when the Daleks vs The cybermen and when Billie Piper left the show as Rose, Series 3 was good series with the Master returning my Favourite series of the Tennant era with the Sontarans and Davros returning to the show  my favourite episode of that series was journeys end with the Doctor facing Davros and the Daleks, I enjoyed David Tennant last 5 episodes that were specials. I have to admit I was very sad during David Tennant last episode The end of time part 2 I cried during the Last scenes before he regenerated because he was my Favourite Doctor I felt David Tennant  was born to play the role of the Doctor, His eyes made you believe his emotions in the scenes and were gutted when David announced he was leaving the show.

I struggled to come to terms to Matt Smith as the Doctor as I was missing David Tennant as the Doctor I enjoyed his first series as the Doctor and the sub-plot of silence will fall and the cracks in space and time, I grew to like Matt Smith as the Doctor and enjoyed his performances  as The Doctor and was delighted when it was announced   that David Tennant will be returning to the show for a muti-Doctor episode for the 50th anniversary with John Hurt appearing as the War Doctor which is my Favorite just because it was a muti-doctor episode and finally showing the time war. Matt Smith last episode was a great episode with the cracks and silence will fall questions finally answered and the regeneration into Peter Capaldi.

When Peter Capaldi was announced was subject to criticism saying he was too old for the role I believed he acting should do the talking and I believe he is an amazing doctor he plays the role so well he has proven his critics wrong , his first two series have been brilliant.

I have travelled to Cardiff twice to do the set tour of the Tardis and been to the Doctor who experience and have loved every minute of it seeing the Tardis sorts of ruins my childhood dream of running  away in a magical blue box and seeing all of time and space.

Thank you again for reading my blog you can follow me on social media
Twitter @jakehumphhries1
Instagram @jakehumphries14

No comments:

Post a Comment