Saturday 1 October 2016

my views on Wenger's 20th anniversary at Arsenal

I thought since Arsene Wenger has been Arsenal manager for 20 years I would write a little blog post about my views on Wenger being manager for 20 years sadly for me I'm only 21 meaning I was too young to remember or understand some of Wenger glory years like the double winning side of  1997-98 and the first few years of Wenger reign.

Arsene Wenger officially took over at Arsenal on 1st October 1996 what I've been told when Wenger took over the papers ran headlines like Arsene Who he entered Arsenal as a little unknown manager who had Managed in France and Japan but was unknown in England when Wenger took over he had players in his side like Seaman,Adams,Dixon, Veria and Ian Wright in Wenger first season Arsenal finished 3rd in the premier league and in Wenger first full season Arsenal won the double winning the Premier League and the FA cup becoming the first foreign manager to win the Premier League.

My first memories of Arsene success was in 2003/04 when Arsenal denied belief and went a whole season undefeated Arsenal, Arsenal undefeated run started in the last two games from 2002/03 and went thought the whole 2003/04 season and it ended after 9 games in 2004/05 season a thing which I personally believe will never be matched in my lifetime, That for me would be my greatest memory of Wenger time at Arsenal

In recent years Wenger has suffered abuse from his own fans and in my opinion is unfair Wenger has done so much for Arsenal and should be given the respect he deserves I remember going to Arsenal vs Norwich last season I remember walking to the Emirates from Arsenal tube station and they were people handing out Wenger out signs and I just thought to myself ungrateful without Wenger Arsenal might not have reached the heights they have reached.

Wenger has managed 1,129 games at Arsenal he has won 647 giving him a win rate at 57.3% a true Arsenal great in my views and deserves respect and me I personally believe when Wenger has left Arsenal the fans will think to themselves what an amazing manager Arsenal will every have and in my personal view is one of the greatest managers in the world.

Thank you for reading my blog you can follow me on social media at:
Twitter:jakehumphries1
Instagram:jakehumphries14

No comments:

Post a Comment